Health Education England (East Midlands) Clinical Scholars Bronze and Silver Awards
The Universities of Lincoln and Nottingham are pleased to launch the 2017/18 Health Education England (East Midlands) Clinical Scholars Bronze and Silver Awards. These awards are part of the HEE/ NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Training Programme for non-medical healthcare professionals.
Are you an NHS Nurse, Midwife, Allied Health Professional, Health Visitor, Healthcare Scientist, Chiropractor, Pharmacy Professional, Optometrist, Osteopath, Optician, Wider Dental Team Member, Operating Department Practitioner, Non-Medical Public Health Specialty Trainee or Clinical Psychologist, currently registered and employed in the East Midlands?
Clinical Bronze Award
Suitable for eligible registered NHS staff without postgraduate qualifications or formal training in research. Staff must be currently employed by an organisation whose core business is the delivery of NHS services. This award supports clinicians to go on to apply for a research Master’s programme.
The Bronze award will be available for up to 12 places to join the programme in 2017/18.
Successful applicants to the HEEM Clinical Scholars Bronze Award will have:
- The Clinical Scholar’s ability to compete successfully for the next stage of the Clinical Academic Pathway, such as the Masters in Research (MRes/MARM)
- a structured educational programme
- 48 days duration; start date November 2017. Besides a small number of mandatory education days and Action Learning Sets, these days can be taken flexibly over the course of 6 months in agreement with the Clinical Scholar’s organisation and academic mentor
- Participation in facilitated Action Learning Sets
If you would like to talk to someone to discuss this opportunity please contact: Dr Ros Kane (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ian McGonagle (email@example.com) Tel: 01522 837739
More information can be found at: http://mhred.lincoln.ac.uk
Clinical Silver Award
Have you completed a Masters, equivalent postgraduate qualification or professional doctorate and are looking to further develop a clinical academic career and apply for a PhD?
Health Education East Midlands (HEEM) are excited to offer up to 5 places to join the Clinical Scholar Silver Award in 2017/18.
Successful applicants to the HEEM Clinical Scholars Silver Award Holders will have:
- Protected funded time (48 days over 12 months) to develop a PhD proposal and develop clinical academic networks necessary to supporting a clinical academic career.
- An individualised training and development plan based on identified needs.
- A HEEM approved research Mentor to support proposal development, facilitate high quality learning opportunities and access to research professionals.
- An identified clinical mentor in the chosen topic area to lend profession specific expertise.
If you would like to talk to someone to discuss this opportunity please contact: Dr Kate Radford (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel: 0115 8230226
More information can be found at: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/clinicalscholar/index.aspx
Application Deadline for both awards: 30th June 2017 Interviews: 6th & 7th September 2017
Start Date: 15th November 2017
Compulsory Silver and Bronze Scholar Training Dates: 15th November 2017, 22nd November 2017 and 6th December 2017. Future dates will be confirmed on your first training day.
If you are interested in applying for this prestigious and competitive award please complete the application form (Bronze Award application form - Bronze Award application guidance notes / Silver Award application form - Silver Award application guidance notes) and email to the scheme administrator email@example.com
Posted on Tuesday 21st March 2017