Learning and development network for patient and public involvement in health and social care research
What is sharebanking?
- It is a regional network whose members include researchers, patient and public involvement (PPI) managers, patients and members of the public.
- Members share their knowledge and experience of PPI across the network.
What are we offering?
- Advice and guidance on how to create a Sharebank in your region.
- Support in developing a local model to suit regional partnerships.
What are the benefits?
- Creates opportunities to share your own learning on PPI with others, across organisations.
- Provides a low cost, sustainable way for accessing local PPI training and resources.
- Creates a collective knowledge of PPI to inform practice of PPI in research.
- Builds a community of people with the common goal of helping each other.
- Contributes to fulfilling Standard 3 (Support and Learning) of the National Standards for Public Involvement.
Want to find out more?
Newsletter: The INVOLVE newsletter is now part of the NIHR PPI Newsletter. Sign up here to receive the new NIHR PPI Newsletter and alerts.
Dr Adele Horobin, NIHR Nottingham BRC, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0115 823 2614
Mr Martin Lodemore, INVOLVE Coordinating Centre, email@example.com, 02380 595628
- Horobin A, Brown G, Higton F, Vanhegan S, Wragg A, Wray P, Walker DM. Co-producing public involvement training with members of the public and research organisations in the East Midlands: creating, delivering and evaluating the lay assessor training programme. Res Involv Engagem. 2017; 3:7.
- Horobin A. Going the extra mile – creating a cooperative model for supporting patient and public involvement in research. Res Involv Engagem. 2016; 2:9
- Horobin A. The Sharebank – working together to support public involvement in research. In: INVOLVE newsletter, Autumn 2016.